What to expect
After achieving a nice new smile, it can be advantageous to frame the result with revitalised lips. With time, the definition and outline of the lips can fade, causing what is known as “lipstick bleed”. Dermal fillers can be used in a subtle way to give renewed definition without unnecessary over plumping. Other areas can be treated by means of dermal filler to give structure and foundation to the oral area. These areas are:
- The area between the nose and the side of the mouth, which is known as the nasolabial fold.
- The area from the side of the mouth to the chin, which is known as the marionette line.
In addition botulinum toxin can be used to soften lines:
- Over the nose
- Across the forehead
- At the side of the eyes (“crow’s feet”)
- To help reduce the downward pull or “sad appearance” of the lateral sides of the lips
- To disguise or reduce a high lip line which causes unsightly show of the gums over upper teeth.